Memorial, Season 1, Episode 4 : Her Name Is Pardis...  

Posted by RaDin ® in

Darya is watching TV, these girlish series which makes me feel awful !! I come and sit beside her. "I feel ready for tomorrow's exam; do you, too? I ask her. "I always do!" she replies me without loosing her concentration on TV. Yes, she always does, but I don't know how. In these couple of days I haven't seen her studying more than 1 miserable hour !! I'm looking at her while thinking how to start. She understands, and shortly watches me form the corner of her eye. "well, May I ask for your help?" I ask. "what's up?" she replies; again she didn't look at me. "you know what I'm talking about, Darya" . She turns and we get face to face and then says: "what do you want?". "Hmm, tell me 'bout girls, how should I treat 'em to like me?". She doesn't say any thing for seconds, then says: "Okay, count on me, I know what you need".
We go to the piano room, and she closes the door. She starts playing piano. "what are you doin'? I ask. She doesn't reply. I need her, so I shouldn't blame about anything. I walk the room and listen to her play. I didn't ever know she could play this good. After one or two minutes she turns and says: "Listen, First thing, you have to be more attractive". Quiet for for about 10 seconds and then she continues:" how about that shirt I bought you, and shouldn't have done, last year before your birthday; that's good".
Few days before our last birthday, very shockingly we didn't fight for any damn reason, which is rare. The last time we could pretend as good brother and sister was 8 years ago; and not surprisingly it didn't last more than 3 days. For every single movement she does or I do, we can put up a fight. For instance, changing the TV channel, answering incoming telephones which are for the other one, or even looking at each other, and sometime for who should drive which car when we both are going out. For celebrating 5 days and half in row with no fight, we did buy gifts. I gave her a perfume, and she bought me a shirt. Neither of us has ever used them, 'cause we just made a war in her birthday party because we both had picked up a same day for our parties. Because she had already invited her friends, my parents asked me to change my party time. I accepted, but of course I made it up to her. I changed her birthday cake order address to a non-existed one. She also made that up to me with ordering 1990 of conserved foods from Internet with my credit card! The number was the year we were born. They charged me 5% for cancellation.
Anyway, I can't even remember how that shirt looked like, but I have no other choice, but to trust her. After that she talks to me for almost an hour, she tells me some rules I have to observe and etc. I didn't know I could talk to her like that. I doubt if she is my real sister. Even if she's not, I have to use this chance.
Today is the last exam. Means my last chance to see her. I have already told Arash to come later this morning, so we can talk more. I wear the shirt Darya has given meI'm about to go. Darya winks at me and I nod, then I go out. Looks like a dream ! Well done, my timing is very good !! "Hi" I say and get a soft and gentle one in reply. "So ..., you ready for exam?" I ask. "Yeah" she replies, "and you?".

-Kinda.
-You boys are never sure !
-You think? ... You know boys?
-Well, I know that there aren't so many good ones.
-Same for girls... How have you realized me then?
-Frustrated !! Still not categorized.
-Why don't you try me?
-Maybe...

Oh, I cannot concentrate at all ! She gets me so mesmerized. We continue talking for a while. Then I ask:

-I didn't get your good name ...
-Pardis. yours ?
-My honor, Dariyan.

She looks at my book, then says:

-Have you ever used your book, seems never opened.
-Well, my books always look this good.
-Amazing, I've seen no boy keeping books like this.
-So, ain't I categorized yet?
-Still thinking, hasty boy.

We are talking for over half an hour. Arash hasn't come yet, better for me; I'm not finished yet. She is really a nice girl, much more than I could imagine. I play with a pen in my hand. Then pretending I wanna write something in my book...

-May I have ... your number please.
-Oh, sure. Lemme write it down for you.

Wow, wasn't so hard to say. I also write mine for her. Wondering, neither of our drivers has come yet. Finally Arash arrives. "Goodbye, Pardis" I say " See ya latter". She looks at me again, then says: "Bye".

I get into the car. "Hi everyone, and thanks Arash, you gave me enough time". "Anytime" he answers. I do feel Farhang's burning inside. "Hey, wait, you guys had planed for this?" Farhang asks Arash. Arash looks at me in the mirror and smiles. "Yes, Farhang" I finally give him his answer.

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 5:12:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment